Faculty of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences at JSPM University comprises two important schools: the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the School of Forensic Sciences. These schools focus on providing quality education and research opportunities in their respective fields to prepare students for careers in the healthcare and forensic sectors. Here's an overview of each school:
1.School of Pharmaceutical Sciences: The School of Pharmaceutical Sciences (formerly JSPM's Charak College of Pharmacy and Research) was established in 2006 and is recognized by Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi, and Government of Maharashtra. It is also accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The school offers an undergraduate (B. Pharm.) program with sanctioned intake of 100 and postgraduate (M. Pharm.) program in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance with an intake of 15. The curriculum emphasizes both theoretical knowledge and practical skill with special emphasis on experiential learning through hands-on laboratory work, training in industry/hospital/pathology laboratory/medicine store, and research projects. Also, the school has MOU's with pharmaceutical industries to ensure that students gain exposure to real world challenges and advancements in the field. The school of pharmacy has received awards in the Avishkar Research competition, showcasing its commitment to innovation and research excellence. To enhance the knowledge and skills of both students and faculty, the school organizes seminars, guest lectures, and workshops. It also focuses on faculty development to ensure that the teaching staff stays updated with the latest advancements in the field. The school has an active entrepreneurship awareness cell, encouraging students to explore entrepreneurial opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry. The infrastructure facilities of the school are excellent, providing a conducive learning environment for the students. Additionally, there is a strong alumni association and alumni engagement, which facilitates networking and career development opportunities for the students. The school maintains a guardian-faculty ratio of 1:20, ensuring individual attention and mentorship for the students. To foster collaboration and communication, the school organizes parent-teacher interactions, allowing parents to stay informed about their ward's progress and academic performance
2. School of Forensic Sciences: The School of Forensic Sciences is committed to training professionals in the field of forensic sciences, which encompasses various disciplines such as forensic chemistry, forensic biology, forensic toxicology, forensic anthropology, and forensic psychology. The school offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in forensic sciences, including a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Forensic Sciences and a Master of Science (M.Sc) in Forensic Sciences. The curriculum of the School of Forensic Sciences covers a wide range of topics, including crime scene investigation, forensic laboratory techniques, forensic evidence analysis, forensic DNA analysis, forensic toxicology, and forensic psychology. The programs emphasize practical training and laboratory work to develop the necessary skills for crime scene processing, evidence collection, and analysis. The school also focuses on interdisciplinary education by integrating knowledge from other relevant fields such as law, chemistry, biology, and psychology. The school has highly qualified and experienced faculty with vast research background. The school has also plans to collaborate with law enforcement agencies, forensic laboratories, and legal institutions to provide students with practical exposure and professional networking opportunities
Both the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the School of Forensic Sciences at JSPM University are dedicated to producing skilled professionals who can contribute to the healthcare industry and the field of forensic sciences, respectively. Through their quality education, practical training, and research opportunities, these schools aim to meet the growing demands and challenges in these specialized fields.
School Of Pharmaceutical Sciences
To be highly acclaimed an academic institution constantly pursuing innovation and academic excellence in the field of pharmaceutical sciences with thrust on research while transforming students in to competent and committed pharmacy professionals ready to lead and serve the society and cater to the needs of industry.
School Of Forensic Sciences
To be a globally recognized institution that leads the field of forensic sciences through excellence in education, research, and innovation. We strive to contribute significantly to the advancement of forensic sciences and promote justice, truth, and integrity in the criminal justice system.
School Of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- To provide comprehensive pharmacy education, with special emphasis on experiential learning, and transform students into competent and committed pharmacy professionals.
- To build lifelong learners capable of offering solution through research & innovation, and technical support to the industry accepting the challenges of changing modern technologies.
- To nurture an environment that helps in imbibing values, building socially conscious and ethically enlightened human resource, and entrepreneurial skills necessary for the development of the individual and society at large
School Of Forensic Sciences
- To provide high-quality education and training in forensic sciences to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and ethical values necessary for successful careers in the field. We aim to foster critical thinking, scientific inquiry, and professionalism among our students.
- We are committed to conducting cutting-edge research in various disciplines of forensic sciences. Our mission is to advance knowledge and innovation in forensic methodologies, technologies, and practices. Through our research endeavours, we aim to enhance the effectiveness, accuracy, and reliability of forensic investigations.
- We strive to foster collaboration and partnerships with other academic institutions, forensic laboratories, law enforcement agencies, and relevant stakeholders. Our mission is to promote interdisciplinary cooperation and knowledge sharing to address the complex challenges in forensic sciences effectively.
- We are committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in all aspects of forensic sciences. Our mission is to promote integrity, objectivity, and fairness in forensic examinations and analyses. We strive to educate our students and professionals about the ethical considerations and responsibilities associated with their work.
- To support the ongoing professional development of forensic scientists and practitioners. We aim to provide opportunities for continued learning, skill enhancement, and knowledge exchange through workshops, seminars, and conferences. We are dedicated to cultivating a community of lifelong learners in the field of forensic sciences.
By adhering to our vision and mission, we aim to make significant contributions to the field of forensic sciences, advance the understanding of crime, and facilitate the administration of justice.
Welcome to JSPM University “Inspiring Innovation and Transforming Talent”. Jayawant Shikshan Prasarak Mandal (JSPM) was established in the year 1998 by Honourable Prof. Dr. T. J. Sawant with an aim to provide value based quality education maintaining pace with changing technology to produce competent and skilled professionals ready to accept global challenges. The JSPM University, Pune Act, 2022 (Mah. IV of 2023) became operational vide Notification dated 28th February, 2023 by Higher and Technical Education Department, Govt. of Maharashtra. JSPM University’s School of Pharmaceutical Sciences formerly known as JSPM’s Charak College of Pharmacy and Research was established in the year 2006 pursuing excellence in the field of pharmaceutical education and research. The school of pharmaceutical sciences is approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and is certified by ISO 9001:2015. The team of dedicated teachers is working together to provide students with a range of learning opportunities to acquire knowledge and enhance their skills. The course structure and syllabus prescribed by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) is followed, special emphasis is laid on experiential learning wherein students are sent to hospital/industry to understand the real life problems and solutions, functioning of industry/hospitals and the latest regulation pertaining to pharmaceuticals. As a part of experiential learning students are also sent to pathology laboratory giving them the exposure to real life sampling and analysis of biological fluids. Students undergo training at medicine stores giving them the exposure with regard to prevailing social healthcare issues, community pharmacy, knowledge of leading pharmaceutical/nutraceutical/dietary supplements/cosmetic products available in the market. The skills required in pharmaceutical world are continuously updating, we at JSPM University’s School of Pharmaceutical Sciences have designed the certificate courses, as a part of content beyond syllabus, in line with the skills required by industry wherein the industry experts are involved in training and evaluation of the skills. In addition to ensuring strong academic curriculum, we also provide wealth of co-curricular and extracurricular activities. Developing creativity, communication, management, leadership, problem solving and perseverance are just a few of the skills students are able to develop through co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
We have excellent infrastructure where classrooms are equipped with multimedia facility, laboratories with sophisticated equipment/instruments and animal house approved by CPCSEA. In terms of learning resources, the library has good collection of books, scientific journals and internet facility with 100 mbps speed. In recognition of the need and importance of Internet in the field of education, JSPM University Campus is WIFI enabled. This facility allows students to access uninterrupted internet connectivity anywhere within the campus. The sports infrastructure includes good gymnasium and facility for indoor as well as outdoor games within the campus.
Today, alumni relations is an important part of institutions advancement activities for many reasons like: by engaging alumni, institute can continue to benefit from their skills and experience, alumni can be great role models for current students and are often well placed to offer practical support to students as they start their careers. As alumni are ambassadors of the school, a strong alumni association gives an opportunity to the college to celebrate their success in the field. Keeping this in view, we have established alumni association in January 2015. Training/Placement & Entrepreneurship Development Cell is established to facilitate industrial training/placement and entrepreneurial support to graduating students. Parent partnerships are vital in ensuring progress of a student’s learning and development. We actively facilitate communication between teachers (mentors), parents and students to provide conducive environment for learning and ensure that the grievances are properly addressed, if any.
JSPM University’s School of Pharmaceutical Sciences is committed to impart quality education and training in the field of pharmaceutical sciences and contribute in.
We believe “Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets”.
Dr. Sagar B. Wankhede
Faculty of Health Sciences,
JSPM University Pune
- Recognized by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), New Delhi
- Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Highly qualified and experience faculty. 04 faculty member with Ph. D. qualification and 12 faculty members registered for Ph. D. program
- Start-up and Innovation Cell promoting Innovation, Incubation and Linkages. Undergraduate students selected at Zonal Level Idea-2-Innovation Competition conducted by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Active participation of students and faculty in Research Competition “AVISHKAR” and awards received by students at State Level.
- Faculty Patent Filed- 05, Patent Published-04, Patent Granted-02. Number of Research Publication by Faculty in last five years- 87. Books Published by Faculty-13.
- Grants Received by Faculty for Research- 29 lakh 64 thousand
- ICT Enabled Teaching-Learning Tools and focus on Student Centric Teaching-Learning Methods.
- Industry/Academic Experts as Co-teachers.
- MOU with industry/pathology laboratories/Medicine stores promoting experiential learning.
- Special emphasis on Experiential Learning in curriculum. One Certificate Course with Industry/Corporate Experts as trainers per semester.
- Guardian Faculty Member (GFM) Scheme to provide personal/professional assistance to individual students.
- Career Guidance Cell is established to guide students for GPAT/MBA Entrance Exam/and IELTS.
- Excellent Training & Placement Record. All eligible students placed/opted for higher studies.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell creating awareness about entrepreneurship as career.
- Student scholarship from NGO’s like Leela Poonawala Foundation, RM Dhariwal Foundation, Disha Pariwar Shishyavrutti, Tata Education & Development Trust etc.
Both pharmaceutical and forensic sciences offer a wide range of career opportunities. Let's explore some of the options in each field:
School Of Pharmaceutical Sciences
1. Pharmaceutical Researcher/Scientist: Conduct research to develop and improve drugs, study their efficacy, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
2. Pharmaceutical Sales Representative: Promote and sell pharmaceutical products to healthcare professionals, hospitals, and pharmacies.
3. Clinical Research Associate: Oversee and monitor clinical trials to ensure they are conducted according to regulations and protocols.
4. Quality Control/Quality Assurance Specialist: Ensure that pharmaceutical products meet quality standards and regulatory requirements.
5. Regulatory Affairs Manager: Manage the process of obtaining regulatory approvals for pharmaceutical products and ensure compliance with regulations.
6. Pharmaceutical Marketing Manager: Develop marketing strategies for pharmaceutical products and coordinate promotional activities.
7. Pharmacovigilance Specialist: Monitor and assess the safety of pharmaceutical products, analyze adverse events, and ensure compliance with reporting requirements.
8. Pharmaceutical Production Manager: Oversee the manufacturing and production processes of pharmaceutical products.
School Of Forensic Sciences
1. Forensic Scientist: Analyze and interpret physical evidence collected from crime scenes, such as DNA, fingerprints, ballistics, and trace evidence.
2. Forensic Toxicologist: Analyze bodily fluids and tissues to identify drugs, alcohol, and toxins present in cases involving drug-related crimes, poisoning, or post-mortem investigations.
3. Forensic Pathologist: Perform autopsies and determine the cause of death in suspicious or unexplained cases.
4. Forensic Psychologist: Apply psychological principles and methods to criminal investigations, such as profiling and evaluating the mental state of suspects.
5. Crime Scene Investigator: Collect and process evidence at crime scenes, document findings, and collaborate with other forensic experts.
6. Digital Forensic Analyst: Recover and analyze digital evidence from computers, mobile devices, and networks in cases involving cybercrime or digital fraud.
7. Forensic Anthropologist: Identify and analyze human skeletal remains to determine age, sex, and potential cause of death.
8. Forensic Odontologist: Use dental records and evidence from dental examinations to identify human remains or bite marks.
These are just a few examples of career opportunities in pharmaceutical and forensic sciences. Depending on your specific interests and qualifications, there are many other roles and specializations within these fields to explore.