School of Electrical & Communication Sciences
About School of Electrical & Communication Sciences
Formerly known as the Department of Electronics & Telecommunication at Imperial College of Engineering & Research (ICOER), we proudly welcome you to the School of Electrical and Communication Science. Our school is a hub of innovation and excellence, driving the future of technology and communication. We offer a comprehensive education in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication systems, preparing our students for thriving careers across various industries.
At our school, we prioritize equipping students with the skills and knowledge needed to design and develop cutting-edge electrical systems. Our curriculum combines theoretical concepts with practical applications, ensuring that our graduates are well-prepared to tackle real-world challenges. Whether it's developing advanced communication networks, designing power systems, or pioneering breakthrough technologies, our students are at the forefront of driving technological advancements.
By joining our school, you become part of a community of trailblazers in the world of technology. We encourage our students to think creatively, push boundaries, and transform ideas into reality. The world of technology is constantly evolving, and we believe in empowering our students to shape the future by connecting people, revolutionizing communication, and fostering innovation.
At the School of Electrical and Communication Science, your ideas have the potential to transform the future. We provide the platform, resources, and guidance to help you unleash your potential and make a lasting impact. Join us on this exciting journey of discovery and become a catalyst for change in the realm of technology, where you can redefine how we connect, communicate, and innovate. Together, let's shape a better tomorrow.
At the School of Electrical and Communication Sciences, we strive to provide a comprehensive education that equips our students with the knowledge, skills, and expertise required to excel in the dynamic field of electrical and communication engineering.
Our courses, including B.Tech programs in Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Computer Engineering, and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, are designed to cover both the theoretical foundations and practical applications of the discipline.
With a focus on innovation and research, our M.Tech programs in Power Electronics, Machines & Drives, and VLSI & Embedded Systems offer specialized knowledge in cutting-edge technologies.
Our faculty, with their extensive industry experience and academic expertise, mentor and guide our students towards excellence. We foster an environment that encourages critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity.
The scope for graduates of our school is vast, with opportunities in industries such as power generation, telecommunications, electronics manufacturing, automation, and research organizations. Our alumni have gone on to successful careers in both the private and public sectors, contributing to advancements in technology.
By joining our school, you will gain access to state-of-the-art laboratories, research facilities, and industry collaborations. We prioritize practical learning through industry internships, projects, and workshops, allowing you to apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios.
At the School of Electrical and Communication Sciences, we are committed to nurturing the next generation of electrical and communication engineers. We invite you to be part of our esteemed institution and embark on a journey of academic excellence, personal growth, and boundless opportunities.
Director, School of Electrical and Communication Sciences
- Electronics Engineer: Career opportunities in electronics design and manufacturing for companies such as Samsung, Sony, and Apple in industries like consumer electronics, telecommunications, and automotive.
- Communication Engineer: Positions in designing and optimizing communication systems for companies including Verizon, AT&T, and Cisco in industries such as telecommunications, satellite communications, and networking.
- Embedded Systems Engineer: Opportunities in developing embedded systems for companies like Tesla, Boeing, and Philips in industries like automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics, and medical devices. Telecommunication Engineer: Career prospects in designing and maintaining telecommunication networks for companies including Vodafone, Huawei, and Ericsson in industries including telecommunications providers and networking.
- RF Engineer: Roles in designing and optimizing radio frequency systems for companies such as Qualcomm, SpaceX, and Raytheon in industries such as wireless communications, satellite technology, and radar systems.
- Signal Processing Engineer: Positions in signal processing and algorithm development for companies including Nokia, Dolby Laboratories, and GE Healthcare in industries including telecommunications, audio and video processing, and medical imaging.
- VLSI Design Engineer: Career opportunities in designing and testing Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) circuits for companies like Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA in industries like semiconductor manufacturing and electronics design.
- Network Engineer: Roles in network infrastructure planning and management for companies including IBM, Cisco Systems, and Amazon in industries including IT services, telecommunications, and large corporations.
- Instrumentation Engineer: Positions in designing and maintaining instrumentation systems for companies such as Siemens, General Electric, and National Instruments in industries such as manufacturing, energy, and research organizations.
- Robotics Engineer: Career prospects in designing and developing robotic systems for companies including ABB, Boston Dynamics, and Fanuc in industries including manufacturing, healthcare, and automation.
- Electrical Engineer: Opportunities in electrical systems design, power generation, and distribution for companies such as General Electric, Siemens, and Schneider Electric in industries including energy, utilities, and construction.
- The School of Electrical and Communication Sciences offers a wide range of career opportunities in collaboration with these renowned companies, allowing students to apply their knowledge and skills in cutting-edge technologies within the electrical, electronics, and communication domains.
At the School of Electrical and Communication Science, we offer a range of unique features that set us apart:
- Comprehensive Curriculum: Our school provides a comprehensive curriculum that covers all aspects of Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication systems. It equips students with a well-rounded understanding of the field, ensuring they develop a strong foundation and are prepared for diverse career opportunities.
- Experiential Learning: We emphasize experiential learning, allowing students to apply theoretical concepts to real-world situations. Through hands-on projects, practical assignments, and industry collaborations, students gain valuable practical experience and develop problem-solving skills.
- Industry Institute Interaction: We foster strong ties with industries to facilitate industry-relevant training and exposure for students. Through guest lectures, workshops, internships, and industry visits, students gain insights into current industry practices, trends, and challenges, enhancing their readiness for the professional world.
- Texas Instruments Innovation Center: Our school is proud to house the Texas Instruments Innovation Center. This center features the latest embedded systems, IoT, and Robotics kits from Texas Instruments. It serves as a hub for training students, faculty, and industry professionals, both on-campus and off-campus, ensuring they stay updated with the latest technological advancements.
- Industry-Oriented Training: We provide industry-oriented training to students, focusing on practical skills and knowledge that are highly valued in the job market. Our curriculum incorporates industry-relevant projects, case studies, and hands-on training, preparing students for successful careers in the industry.
- Electronics & Telecommunication Students Association (ETSA): The ETSA is a student development association that aims to enhance the overall growth and development of students in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication. It organizes technical events, workshops, and guest lectures to supplement the academic learning experience.
- Various Student Clubs: We offer a range of student clubs dedicated to enhancing interpersonal and technical skills. These clubs provide platforms for students to engage in activities related to their interests, such as robotics, coding, or communication systems. They offer opportunities for skill development, networking, and collaboration among students.
These unique features of the School of Electrical and Communication Science create a dynamic and enriching learning environment. Students receive a well-rounded education, industry exposure, and opportunities for personal and professional growth, positioning them for success in the ever-evolving fields of Electrical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication systems.
- Embedded Systems
- Internet of Things
- Signal Processing
- Image Processing
- Communication Engineering, and Robotics